This webinar will be for those parents of children with permanent disabilities attending college or transitioning to alternative paths that may be a better fit to enhance their quality of life, such as independent living, sheltered workshops, job training, etc.
Key topics will include:
– An overview of the life planning Stages timeline for families with special needs children
– For parents of children with disabilities who are college bound, what programs are available to them, and how to plan financially for that large expense?
– Harmonizing your financial plan to account for college funding for typical children while at the same time planning for a special needs sibling (or siblings) who will eventually age out of the school system and transition to SSI/Medicaid, Guardianship, Individual Service or Support, etc.
– How guardianship works, and what needs to be considered when planning financially?
– Overview of ABLE Accounts, special needs trusts, etc.